WELCOME

Welcome to the ramblings of a pre-published saga writer

Wednesday 25 November 2009

RNA lunch

Hi All, I attended the RNA Christmas Lunch today and very nice it was too. Our guest speaker was Jean Fullerton who gave a wonderful talk about her journey to publication after winning the Harry Bowling prize, which interested me greatly as I, too, have entered my novel, 'The Legacy' to this competition - I can only live in hope!

The lunch was attended by thirty two published and pre-published writers including Lynne Andrews, Katie Flynn, Anne Baker, three hugely successful saga writers - I can only live in hope, again! The afternoon was organised by the wonderful June Francis, herself a very successful author, who writes extremely popular family sagas as well as historical romance for Mills and Boon. She is one of the nicest people in the world and is a great writer too.

What I love about the lunch is the way famous authors rub shoulders with yet-to-be published writers and are always willing to give advice and valuable inside information about the publishing world. Priceless.

But now it is time to put the laptop to bed and watch a bit of telly.

speak soon
Sheila

No comments: