WELCOME

Welcome to the ramblings of a pre-published saga writer

Monday 3 May 2010

The great test of endurance.

It's me again. I've been working very hard researching my new wip, and I've even written a few thousand words. Some of them are quite usable, I think, but you never know.

I'm in a state of limbo at the moment, not knowing what will happen to the former wip. I know I should just keep writing and forget it, but how can I when I don't know what is happening to it?

It's like waiting for your offspring to come home on a stormy night - you can't rest until you know it is where it belongs. And if it comes in looking a bit wet and bedraggled you can fix it - all nice and new for the next outing.

But short of saying 'Come on, give me a hint! Is it good or is it cr*p and not fit enough to wrap your chips in!' I don't know what else to do. Yes I do... Wait and wait and wait patiently for the next response. The elastic band is stretching.

If patience is a virtue I want a sainthood. It's the 'not knowing' that is the worry.

However, the little; 'we haven't forgotten you...' msgs give you hope!

Onward and upward.
Speak soon...

1 comment:

Beth Elliott said...

Determination is everything, Sheila. Just persevere.