WELCOME

Welcome to the ramblings of a pre-published saga writer

Wednesday 14 April 2010

A new work in progress

Hi Folks
Have been busy writing the outline, character profiles etc for my new WIP (Work In Progress) it changes from day to day and as it is only the 'dirty' draft - i.e. the first draft of the story it can take any direction but I have a very good idea of the beginning, middle and end.

I know my major characters quite well and as I began writing, a minor character I hadn't even thought of showed up and is beginning to make his presence felt. I like it when that happens at this stage as it makes the story more exciting for me; and if it surprises me then it will surely intrigue my reader - hmm? I think so.

This one was turning over in my imagination even before I finished my last story, and that is the way I like to work - that way, I know what I will be doing this year, and then as this w.i.p comes to an end I will have an idea for the next and so it goes.

Speak soon

No comments: